Yōrō facts for kids
Yōrō (養老) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Reiki and before Jinki. This period started in November 717 and ended in February 724. The reigning empress was Genshō-tennō (元正天皇).
Events of the Yōrō era
- 717 (Yōrō 1, 9th month): Empress Genshō traveled through Ōmi Province where she was met by the lords of the San'indō, the San'yōdō and the Nankaidō. Also, she traveled to Mino Province where the lords of the Tōkaidō, Tōsandō and Hokurikudō met with her.
- 718 (Yōrō 2): Changes in the Taihō Code are made. The Yōrō Code (養老律令 Yōrō-ritsuryō) combines comments with changes and additions.
- 720 (Yōrō 4): Nihon Shoki completed.
- 721 (Yōrō 5, 5th month): Nihon Shoki in 30 volumes was given to the Empress.
- 721 (Yōrō 5, 5th month): Fujiwara no Fuhito died at age 62.
- 721 (Yōrō 5, 5th month): Former-Empress Gemmei died at age 61.
Yōrō Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.