1001 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||998 999 1000 – 1001 – 1002 1003 1004|
- Grand Prince Stephen I of Hungary is named the first King of Hungary by Pope Silvester II.
- Canonisation of Edward the Martyr, King of England.
- Robert II, King of France marries for the third time, with Constance Taillefer d'Arles.
- Khmer king Jayavarman V is succeeded by Udayadityavarman I and/or Suryavarman I.
- Otto III, Holy Roman Emperor has Charlemagne's vault opened (see Aachen Cathedral).
1001 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.