1343 facts for kids
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1310s 1320s 1330s – 1340s – 1350s 1360s 1370s|
|Years:||1340 1341 1342 – 1343 – 1344 1345 1346|
- Magnus II of Sweden is no longer king of Norway, and his son Haakon VI of Norway becomes king. However Haakon is still very young, so Magnus makes most of his decisions.
- January 27, Pope Clement VI creates his Bull Unigenitus.
- The personal union between Sweden and Norway ends.
- Edward, the Black Prince becomes the Prince of Wales.
- Alexander Stewart, 1st Earl of Buchan (died 1394)
- Geoffrey Chaucer, English poet (about this time) (died 1400)
- Emperor Chōkei of Japan (died 1394)
- Thomas Percy, 1st Earl of Worcester, English rebel (died 1403)
- December 15 – Hasan Kucek, Chobanid prince
- Sir Ulick Burke, Irish nobleman
- Aimone of Savoy
In Spanish: 1343 para niños
1343 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.