2000 McGill College facts for kids
The IA Tower (Industriel Alliance Tower or Tour Industrielle Alliance), originally called Industrial Life Tower, is a 23 stories high rise building located in downtown Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Inaugurated in 1986, it was one of the first postmodernist high rises built in downtown Montreal.
The IA Tower was the result of a joint venture between the then Industrial Life Insurance Company and First Québec Corporation. Built on McGill College Avenue, the tower was designed to be a premium grade-A office building
The original tenants included Industrial Life, Dominion Securities Pitfield, Ernst and Whinney, Quantum group and Rolland Inc. Following the 1987 merger between Industrial Life Insurance and Alliance Nationale, the tower was renamed with the Industrielle Alliance name.
Located between Boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest and Avenue du Président-Kennedy, the IA Tower is ornamented by city furnitures and the public artwork Le banc des secrets by Lea Vivot.
Designed by the Montreal firm Tolchinsky and Goodz, the IA Tower is made of Quebec polished granite. The building is larger at the last three floors and is designed to provide a maximum view of the Mont-Royal. Due to its conception, every floor apart from the three top floors has eight corner offices.
- American International Group (AIG), an American multinational insurance corporation
- British Consulate-General in Montreal
- Chambre de la sécurité financière, Quebec organization for self-regulation of financial services advisors
- Co-operators General Insurance Company, a Canadian insurance cooperative
- Crédit agricole CIB
- Cresa, an international commercial real-estate
- Industrielle Alliance
- IWG plc (Regus), a multinational services-office provider
- Maples Group, a multi-jurisdictional law firm
- RSA Insurance Group
2000 McGill College Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.