A Bunch of Munsch facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsA Bunch of Munsch
|Based on||Robert Munsch's books|
|No. of episodes||7 (13 segments)|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||CINAR Films
Maclean-Hunter Television Fund
|Original release||September 2, 1991– December 25, 1992|
A Bunch of Munsch is a Canadian animated anthology television series produced by Cinar. Each episode is based on a book by American-Canadian children's author Robert Munsch. The show aired from September 2, 1991 to December 25, 1992 on CTV in Canada and Showtime in the United States.
All episodes were released to VHS by Golden Book Video in the early 1990s. The releases were eventually packaged and updated in the early 1990s by Sony Wonder.
Thirteen episodes were created:
- 1-A. Thomas' Snowsuit: Thomas tries to run away from the grown-ups such as the teacher and principal who want him to put an ugly brown snowsuit of his own.
- 1-B. 50 Below Zero: Jason realizes his house is going crazy, especially when Papa sleeps everywhere.
- 2. The Paper Bag Princess: Princess Elizabeth becomes friends with a dragon.
- 3-A. Pigs: Megan opens the gate to the pig pen, thinking that they are dumb, resulting in chaos in the farm and in her school.
- 3-B. David's Father: David and his father have fun together.
- 4-A. Murmel, Murmel, Murmel: Robyn finds an unusual baby named "Murmel, Murmel, Murmel" in her sandbox, who needs an owner.
- 4-B. The Boy in the Drawer: Shelly must find a way to stop that gnome from causing chaos in her house.
- 5-A. Something Good: Julie, Andrew, and Tyya are on a trip to the grocery store.
- 5-B. Mortimer: Mortimer always sings louder.
- 6-A. Angela's Airplane: Angela goes on airplane.
- 6-B. The Fire Station: A group of kids visit a fire station by having fun.
- 7-A. Moira's Birthday: Moria has a birthday and plans anything she needs to do.
- 7-B. Blackberry Subway Jam: Jonathan realizes that the subway made the mess, not him, so he decides to go on a blackberry jam mission.
A Bunch of Munsch Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.