Adrienne de La Fayette facts for kids
- The article about the French writer is at Madame de Lafayette
|Marie Adrienne de Noailles|
|Marquise of La Fayette|
|Spouse(s)||Gilbert, Marquis of La Fayette|
Anastasie, Countess of La Tour Maubourg
Marie Antoinette, Marquise of Lasteyrie.
|Marie Adrienne Françoise de Noailles|
|Father||Jean Louis, Duke of Noailles|
|Mother||Anne Louise Henriette d'Aguesseau|
2 November 1759|
Hôtel de Noailles, Paris, France
|Died||24 December 1807
Rue d'Anjou, Paris, France
Marie Adrienne Françoise de Noailles, madame de La Fayette (2 November 1759 – 24 December 1807). She was born in Paris at the family home, the Hôtel de Noailles. Known as Mademoiselle d'Ayen prior to her marriage to Gilbert du Motier, marquis de La Fayette, in the chapel of the Hôtel de Noailles on April 11, 1774. The couple lived there for the first few years of their marriage. They had four children.
- Adrienne Henriette Catherine Charlotte du Motier (Hôtel de Noailles 15 December 1775- Paris 3 October 1777) died young.
- Anastasie Louise Pauline Motier du Motier (Paris 1 July 1777 - Turin 24 February 1863, Turin) married Jules César Charles de Fay, Count of La Tour Maubourg.
- George Washington Louis Gilbert du Motier (24 December 1779 - 29 November 1849) died childless but married Émilie d'Estutt de Tracy.
- Marie Antoinette Virginie du Motier (17 September 1782 - 23 July 1849) married Louis de Lasteyrie du Saillant, Marquis of Lasteyrie.
- Her only son was named after George Washington and her youngest daughter was named in honour of Queen Marie Antoinette.
Images for kids
Adrienne de La Fayette Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.