Almost Never (TV series) facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsAlmost Never
|Country of origin
|No. of series
|No. of episodes
|26 (list of episodes)
|15 January 2019– present
Almost Never is a British musical dramedy series that premiered on CBBC on 15 January 2019. The series details the experiences of two fictional bands after their appearances on a reality television competition. Almost Never stars Nathaniel Dass, Harry Still, Oakley Orchard, Mya-Lecia Naylor, Miriam Nyarko, Lola Moxom, Lilly Stanion, Kimberly Wyatt, Tillie Amartey, Tyra Rayne and Aston Merrygold. In 2020, it was announced that Almost Never had been renewed for a third series.
Almost Never follows the lives of two rival bands, The Wonderland and Girls Here First, following their appearance on the popular music competition series The Spotlight.
Cast and characters
- Nathaniel Dass as Nate, the lead singer of The Wonderland. He writes songs for the band.
- Harry Still as Harry, a guitarist in The Wonderland and the older brother of Oakley.
- Oakley Orchard as Oakley, a guitarist in The Wonderland and the younger brother of Harry. Due to being less intelligent, the other members do not take him seriously.
- Mya-Lecia Naylor as Mya, a member of Girls Here First. She begins a relationship with Oakley. (series 1)
- Miriam Nyarko as Miriam, a member of Girls Here First. Due to her happy nature, she finds it hard to be serious.
- Lola Moxom as Lola, a member of Girls Here First.
- Lilly Stanion as Lilly, a member of Girls Here First. She often stands up to Sasha.
- Kimberly Wyatt as Sasha, the controlling manager of Girls Here First.
- Tillie Amartey as Chloe, a vlogger and the social media manager of The Wonderland.
- Tyra Rayne as Tyra, a waitress at The Palais who is asked to be a member of Girls Here First. (series 2–present)
- Aston Merrygold as Jordan, the manager of The Wonderland. (series 2–present)
- Colin Hoult as AJ, the father of Harry and Oakley. He manages The Wonderland until they are signed to Coleen's company.
- Emily Atack as Meg, the mother of Harry and Oakley.
- Simran Rakar as Molly, the younger sister of Nate. She is initially jealous of the attention he receives from being famous.
- Imogen Chadwick as Elena, the best friend of Molly. She is a fan of The Wonderland. She also has a crush on Nate.
- Zina Badran as Anika, the mother of Nate and Molly.
- Ryan Early as Dan, the owner of The Palais restaurant.
- Michelle Gayle as Coleen, the boss of Sasha. She signs The Wonderland to her management company.
- Luke Fetherston as Fabio, Sasha's assistant, and the eventual manager of Girls Here First.
- Luke Scott as Luke, a member of a newly formed singing duo that Chloe begins to manage.
- Cooper Stout as Cooper, a member of a newly formed singing duo that Chloe begins to manage.
- Stephen Rahman-Hughes as Dev, the father of Nate and Molly. (series 2)
- Victoria Ekanoye as Ashley, the boss of Coleen. (series 2)
Almost Never was filmed in Belfast from 12 August to 15 November 2018. The series was announced on 18 December 2018.
Three months after the debut of the first series, it was announced that cast member Mya-Lecia Naylor had died by misadventure. For the second series, the part of Mya was not recast; instead, her absence was explained by her having left Girls Here First following the group's disastrous European tour.
The cast was increased with in the second series, with the additions of Aston Merrygold and Tyra Richardson, as well as Stephen Rahman-Hughes and Victoria Ekanoye in recurring capacities. On 2 January 2020, it was announced that CBBC has renewed Almost Never for a third series. On 29 May 2020, the Almost Never Instagram account uploaded an open casting call for children aged between 13 and 17 to audition for the third series.
List of Almost Never episodes
Almost Never (TV series) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.