American Society of Civil Engineers facts for kids
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) founded in 1852 to represent members of the civil engineering profession worldwide is the oldest national engineering society in the United States. Its world headquarters is in Reston, Virginia.
- Developing leadership skills in its members and supporting civil engineer leaders;
- Facilitating advancement of the technology utilized by the profession;
- Encouraging and providing tools for lifelong learning within the profession;
- Advocating infrastructure and environmental stewardship; and
- Promoting professionalism and the civil engineering profession.
Images for kids
ASCE Historical Marker at Philadelphia City Hall.
American Society of Civil Engineers Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.