Amin Maalouf facts for kids
Amin Maalouf is a Lebanese author. He was born on 25 February, 1949 in Beirut, Lebanon. He studied sociology at the French University in Beirut. He was the director of the Beirut daily newspaper an-Nahar. But, he left the country 1975 at the start of the Lebanese Civil War. He moved to Paris and still lives there today.
He uses his experiences of civil war and migration in writing his novels. The characters in his novels are wanderers. They may not have just one home country, language, or religions.
Works of fiction
- First Century after Beatrice ISBN: 0704370514
- Leo Africanus ISBN: 1561310220
- Rock of Tanios (Prix Goncourt 1993) ISBN: 0807613657
- Samarkand (first published 1988 titled 'Samarcande') ISBN: 1566562937
- Gardens of Light ISBN: 1566562481
- Ports of Call (first published 1996 titled 'Les échelles du Levant') ISBN: 186046890X
- Balthasar's Odyssey ISBN: 155970702X
Works of non-fiction
Images for kids
Amin Maalouf Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.