Antigonid dynasty facts for kids
The Antigonid dynasty was a Macedonian dynasty. The kings were part of the family of Alexander the Great's general Antigonus I Monophthalmus ("the One-eyed"). The dynasty ended when the Roman Empire conquered the area after the Battle of Pydna in 168 BC.
- Demetrius I Poliorcetes (294 BC – 287 BC)
- Antigonus II Gonatas (276 BC – 239 BC)
- Demetrius II (239 BC – 229 BC)
- Antigonus III Doson (229 BC – 221 BC)
- Philip V (221 BC – 179 BC)
- Perseus (179 BC – 168 BC)
Images for kids
Antigonid dynasty Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.