Apostle facts for kids
Apostle and The Apostles can mean:
- The Twelve Apostles, the 12 followers of Jesus given "the Great Commission".
- The Seventy Apostles, the 70 sent forth in Luke 10. They are referred to as Apostles by the Orthodox Church and as Disciples in the Western tradition.
- Jesus is referred to as an apostle in Hebrews 3:1
- Apostle (Latter Day Saints), a position within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Muḥammad, as "رسول الله" "Rasūlullāh" (Muḥammad's primary title and a part of the Shahādah) can be translated as "The Apostle of God"
- The Apostle, a 1997 movie directed by and starring Robert Duvall
- El Apóstol, the world's oldest animated feature movie, 1917, Argentina
- The Apostles (band), a punk rock group from the 1980s
- The Apostles (Elgar), a 1903 choral work by Edward Elgar
- Apostle (production company), a television production company founded in 1994 by Jim Serpico and Denis Leary
- 12 Apostles (record label), a record label
- The Apostles (Greatest Heroes and Legends of the Bible), an installment of the Christian direct-to-video animated movie series, Greatest Heroes and Legends of the Bible
- Cambridge Apostles, a secret society at the University of Cambridge
- Apostle Plant, the genus Neomarica of plants believed to only flower after growing 12 leaves
- Twelve Apostles (Irish counter-intelligence organisation), an Irish Republican Army unit created by Michael Collins
Images for kids
In Spanish: Apóstol para niños
Apostle Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.