Arthurdendyus facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsArthurdendyus
Jones & Gerard, 1999
Species of Arthurdendyus are characterized by a bell-shaped pharynx and ovaries placed laterally to the male copulatory apparatus, while most land planarians species have ovaries located much more anteriorly, usually close to the brain or to the pharynx. Other characteristic shared with closely related genera, such as Artioposthia and Newzealandia, is the presence of adenodactyls in the copulatory apparatus.
The name Arthurdendyus honors the English zoologist Arthur Dendy who described many land planarians from Australia and New Zealand.
The genus Arthurdendyus includes the following species:
- Arthurdendyus albidus Jones & Gerard, 1999
- Arthurdendyus australis (Dendy, 1894)
- Arthurdendyus latissimus (Dendy, 1896)
- Arthurdendyus testaceus (Hutton, 1880)
- Arthurdendyus triangulatus (Dendy, 1896)
Arthurdendyus Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.