Bunki facts for kids
Bunki (文亀code: ja is deprecated ) was a Japanese era name (年号,code: ja is deprecated , nengō,, lit. "year name") after Meiō and before Eishō. This period started in February 1501 and ended in February 1504. During this time, the emperor was Go-Kashiwabara-tennō (後柏原天皇code: ja is deprecated ).
Events of the Bunki era
- 1501 Bunki gannen (文亀元年code: ja is deprecated ): The era name was changed to mark the 58th year of the Chinese zodiac. The previous era ended and a new one started in 1501 (Meiō 10, 29th day of the 2nd month).
- 1501 (Bunki 1): Ashikaga Yoshitane was exiled to Suruga province.
- 1502 (Bunki 2, 7th month): Minamoto-no Yoshitaka was elevated to the 2nd tier of the 4th class official in the Imperial court.
- 1503 (Bunki 3): There was a great drought in the summer.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Bunki Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.