Bunki facts for kids
Bunki (文亀) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Meiō and before Eishō. This period started in February 1501 and ended in February 1504. During this time, the emperor was Go-Kashiwabara-tennō (後柏原天皇).
Events of the Bunki era
- 1501 Bunki gannen (文亀元年): The era name was changed to mark the 58th year of the Chinese zodiac. The previous era ended and a new one started in 1501 (Meiō 10, 29th day of the 2nd month).
- 1501 (Bunki 1): Ashikaga Yoshitane was exiled to Suruga province.
- 1502 (Bunki 2, 7th month): Minamoto-no Yoshitaka was elevated to the 2nd tier of the 4th class official in the Imperial court.
- 1503 (Bunki 3): There was a great drought in the summer.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Bunki Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.