Callala Bay, New South Wales facts for kids
Wowly Gully in northern Callala Bay
|Elevation:||13 m (43 ft)|
|LGA:||City of Shoalhaven|
|State District:||South Coast|
The town is situated on the northern shore of Jervis Bay about 20 minutes drive from Nowra and 10 minutes from Culburra Beach. Callala Bay has an approximate elevation of 13 metres (43 ft) above sea level, and is located inland from Callala Point, a headland facing the Tasman Sea. Nearby settlements include Callala Beach and Myola to the south-west, Currarong to the south-east and Culburra Beach to the north-east.
Local facilities and community activities include:
- a safe harbour
- sailing club
- boat ramp
- medical centre
- primary school
- child care and pre-school centre
- faith groups
- soccer club
- skateboard park
- netball/basketball courts
- community centre (available for hire)
- NSW Rural Fire Service - Callala Bay
- a small shopping centre (Australia Post, supermarket, chemist, baker, butcher, cafe, take away, real estate agents, cellars)
- shared pathway around the headland
- small group activities (aqua exercise group, craft, folk dance, yoga, over 50's social group, garden club, Writers, Bushcare)
- regular bus service to Nowra, including for high school students.
Callala Bay is a short drive or flat bike ride from the popular Club Callala (Callala RSL Country Club) which hosts a challenging 18 hole golf course, two bowling greens, great food and nightly entertainment.
Sport and recreation
Callala Bay, New South Wales Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.