Celtic facts for kids
The words Celt and Celtic can have many meanings.
- Celt, either ancient or Modern Celts
- Celtic languages, descending from the Proto-Celtic language, spoken by these people and their modern descendants
- Celtic mythology
- Celtici, Celts from ancient Lusitania (which is now Portugal). (See also Celtiberians for a Celtic people on the Iberian peninsula)
- Irish music, folk music that started in "Celtic" cultures.
- Celtic art, art from the "Celtic" culture
- Celtic Christianity
- Celtic calendar
The following should only be pronounced /selt(ik)/:
Celtic Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.