Cerebrovascular disease facts for kids
Cerebrovascular disease, stroke or cerebrovascular accident, is a vascular disease of the cerebral circulation. Arteries supplying oxygen to the brain are affected resulting in one of a number of cerebrovascular diseases. Most commonly this is a stroke or mini-stroke and sometimes can be a hemorrhagic stroke. Any of these can result in vascular dementia.
Examples of medications are:
- Antiplatelets (Aspirin, Clopidogrel)
- Blood thinners (Heparin, Warfarin )
- Antihypertensives (ACE inhibitors, Beta blockers)
- Anti-diabetic medications
Surgical procedures include:
- Endovascular surgery and Vascular surgery (for future stroke prevention)
Cerebrovascular disease Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.