Church of St Mary the Virgin, Horsell facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsChurch of St Mary the Virgin
St Mary the Virgin, Horsell
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Website||St Mary the Virgin's website|
|Architectural type||English Gothic, Gothic Revival|
|Parish||Parish of Horsell|
The church of St Mary-the-Virgin in Horsell is an Anglican church in the Diocese of Guildford. It is located about one mile away from Woking town centre. The current Vicar is Dmitry Lutsenko. The church is a Grade II* listed building.
Parts of the west wall of the nave may date from the middle of the 12th century.
19th century restorations included:
- Removal of the screen in 1840.
- Replacement of the chancel and extension of the nave and south aisle eastwards in 1890.
- The north aisle and vestries were added in 1909.
- The Holy Trinity Chapel was added in 1910.
- The baptistry was added in 1921.
Church of St Mary the Virgin, Horsell Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.