Church of St Michael and All Saints, Edinburgh facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsChurch of St Michael and All Saints
View from Brougham Street
|Location||28 Brougham Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9JH|
|Denomination||Scottish Episcopal Church|
|Functional status||Parish church|
|Diocese||Diocese of Edinburgh|
Having been designed by Sir Robert Rowand Anderson, the main part of the church was built from 1866 to 1867. The west end was built from 1866 to 1867, and a Lady Chapel was added in 1897.
On 14 December 1970, the church was designated a category A listed building, signifying a building of national or international importance.
The church has hosted concerts and masses as part of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the world's largest arts festival.
- 1913 to 1914: Arnold Spencer-Smith
List of Rectors:
- 1965 to 1971: Ernest Brady
- 1971 to 1984: Gordon Reid
- 1984 to 1990: A. Emsley Nimmo
- 1990 to 1995: Timothy A. R. Cole
- 1995 to 2011: Kevin Pearson
- 2011 to 2013: David Charles Standen
- 2014 to present: Martin Robson
Church of St Michael and All Saints, Edinburgh Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.