Clowning Around facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsClowning Around
|Directed by||George Whaley|
|Music by||Peter Best|
|Distributed by||Australian Broadcasting Corporation|
|Running time||165 minutes|
Clowning Around is a 1992 Australian family film that was shot on location in Perth, Western Australia and Paris, France. It was based on the novel Clowning Sim by David Martin.
The film was produced by independent film company Barron Entertainment Films in Western Australia and educational film company WonderWorks in the United States, was directed by George Whaley. It was distributed by Australian Broadcasting Corporation. It featured Australian actors such as Clayton Williamson, Noni Hazelhurst, Ernie Dingo, Rebecca Smart, and Jill Perryman, and also featured veteran American actor Van Johnson along with French actor Jean-Michel Dagory.
Clowning Around features the first film role for Heath Ledger, who appears in the last ten minutes as an orphan clown who closes the film by delivering its final lines. His role was so minor he was not even mentioned in the film's credits.
This series was followed up with a sequel entitled Clowning Around 2, which was released in 1993.
Simon Gunner, is a star-struck foster kid who aspires to become a circus clown. With the help of veteran funster Jack Merrick, Simon ultimately fulfills his goal.
- Clayton Williamson as Simon Gunner
- Annie Byron as Una Crealy
- Jean-Michel Dagory as Anatole Tolin
- Ernie Dingo as Jack Merrick
- Van Johnson as Mr. Ranthow
- Rebecca Smart as Linda Crealy
- Noni Hazlehurst as Sarah Gunner
- Jill Perryman as Miss Gabhurst
- Steve Jodrell as Skipper Crealy
- Heath Ledger as orphan clown (uncredited)
- In Spanish: Clowning Around (película de 1992)