Danny Dunn on the Ocean Floor facts for kids
|Preceded by||Danny Dunn and the Weather Machine|
|Followed by||Danny Dunn and the Fossil Cave|
Danny Dunn on the Ocean Floor is the fifth novel in the Danny Dunn series of juvenile science fiction/adventure books written by Raymond Abrashkin and Jay Williams. The book was first published in 1960.
Another accident in Professor Bulfinch's laboratory, instigated by Danny, results in the creation of a transparent, resilient material. The material proves useful in creating a bathysphere, and Professor Bulfinch, along with his friend Dr. Grimes, Danny, Joe, and Irene, descend into the Pacific Ocean on an experimental voyage. Unfortunately, the bathysphere's pilot is rendered unconscious, and the bathysphere becomes trapped in a cave. On their journey, the submarine is examined by a giant squid and attacked by a large shark.
- (Paperback, 1960, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
- (Hardback, 1960, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
MacDonald and Jane's
- Hardback, 1967, illustrated by Dick Hart)
Pocket Books/Archway Books
- (Paperback, 1979, #9 in their series, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
- (Paperback, 1983 reissue, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
Danny Dunn on the Ocean Floor Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.