Darul Uloom Deoband facts for kids
|Established||31 May 1866|
|Founders||Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi, Sayyid Muhammad Abid and others.|
|Rector||Abul Qasim Nomani|
Darul Uloom Deoband is an Islamic university in India. It is the birth place of Sunni Deobandi Islamic movement. It is located in Deoband, a town in Saharanpur district, Uttar Pradesh. It was founded in 1866 by Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi.
Darul Uloom Deoband was established on 31 May 1866 by Muhammad Qasim Nanotawi and other scholars in his circle. The founders include Sayyid Muhammad Abid, Mehtab Ali and Nehal Ahmad (brother-in-law of Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi). Mahmud Deobandi was appointed as the first teacher, and Mahmud Hasan Deobandi was the first student who enrolled in the seminary.
- Sayyid Muhammad Abid (1866 - 1867)
- Rafiuddin Deobandi (1867 - 1868)
- Sayyid Muhammad Abid (1869 - 1871)
- Rafiuddin Deobandi (1872 - 1889
- Sayyid Muhammad Abid (1890 - 1892
- Fazl Haq (1893 - 1894)
- Muneer Ahmad Nanautawi (1894 - 1895)
- Hafiz Muhammad Ahmad (1895 - 1930)
- Habibur Rahman Usmani (1928 - 1929)
- Muhammad Tayyib Qasmi (1928 - 1980)
- Marghubur Rahman Bijnori (1982 - 2010
- Ghulam Muhammad Vastanvi (10 January 2011 - 24 July 2011)
- Abul Qasim Nomani Banarsi (2011 - present)
- Tabassum F. Deoband Ulema's Movement for the Freedom of India. Jamiat Ulama i-Hind, New Delhi, pdf at Attahawi blog, July 2007.
- Metcalf B. "Traditionalist" Islamic Activism: Deoband, Tablighis, and Talibs. Social Science Research Council, non-profit organisation, Brooklyn, New York.
Images for kids
Darul Uloom Deoband Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.