Districts of Israel facts for kids
The State of Israel is divided into six districts.
In Hebrew a district is called mahoz - מחוז (plural: mehozot - מחוזות).
These districts are:
- Haifa District, around the city of Haifa and northern Sharon Plain
- Jerusalem District, west of the city of Jerusalem
- Tel Aviv District, around the city of Tel Aviv
- Central District, southern Sharon Plain and northern Shfela
- Northern District, Galilee
- Southern District, Negev and southern Shfela
- Judea and Samaria Area, the West Bank
Images for kids
Districts of Israel Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.