East Troy, Wisconsin facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
East Troy, Wisconsin
Location of East Troy in Walworth County, Wisconsin.
|• Total||4.57 sq mi (11.83 km2)|
|• Land||4.53 sq mi (11.72 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.11 km2)|
|Elevation||833 ft (254 m)|
| • Estimate
|• Density||952.94/sq mi (367.93/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1564382|
East Troy is a village in Walworth County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 4,281 at the 2010 census. The village is located southwest of the Town of East Troy. A small portion extends into the adjacent Town of Troy.
East Troy is located at(42.7868, -88.4036).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 4.51 square miles (11.68 km2), of which, 4.47 square miles (11.58 km2) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) is water.
East Troy is served by the East Troy Municipal Airport, (FAA LID: 57C).
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 4,281 people, 1,737 households, and 1,125 families living in the village. The population density was 957.7 inhabitants per square mile (369.8/km2). There were 1,866 housing units at an average density of 417.4 per square mile (161.2/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 95.9% White, 0.4% African American, 0.5% Native American, 0.6% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.1% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.0% of the population.
There were 1,737 households, of which 35.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.6% were married couples living together, 11.1% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.1% had a male householder with no wife present, and 35.2% were non-families. 29.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.44 and the average family size was 3.04.
The median age in the village was 36.1 years. 27% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 28.1% were from 25 to 44; 25.4% were from 45 to 64; and 12% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 49.1% male and 50.9% female.
- East Troy Electric Railroad Museum
- Alpine Valley Music Theatre
- Alpine Valley Ski Hill
- East Troy Bluegrass Festival
- Skydive Milwaukee - Sky Knights Sport Parachute Club
- East Troy Skatepark
- Les Aspin, Congressman who lived in East Troy while in office.
- Alexander O. Babcock, Wisconsin State Representative
- Erik Buell, founder of Erik Buell Racing
- Eugene W. Chafin, Prohibition Party candidate for President of the United States
- Richard A. Flintrop, Wisconsin State Representative
- Sidney Clayton Goff, Wisconsin State Representative
- Gaylord Graves, Wisconsin State Representative
- Annie Haeger, Olympic sailor
- Lorena Hickok, journalist, friend of Eleanor Roosevelt
- Isabella Hofmann, actress
- Cody Horlacher, Wisconsin State Representative and lawyer
- Maxine Hough, Wisconsin State Assemblywomen
- Myrtle E. Johnson, marine biologist
- Mark W. Neumann, U.S. Representative
- Jared James Nichols, blues guitarist
- John F. Potter, member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Wisconsin (1857–1863)
- Clifford E. Randall, U.S. Representative
- Stevie Ray Vaughan, the blues guitarist, died in a helicopter crash following a concert at Alpine Valley in 1990.
- Harriet G. R. Wright, Colorado state representative
East Troy, Wisconsin Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.