Eversmile, New Jersey facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsEversmile, New Jersey
|Directed by||Carlos Sorín|
|Produced by||Oscar Kramer|
|Written by||Carlos Sorín
|Music by||Steve Levine|
|Editing by||Luis César D'Angiolillo
Los Films Del Camino
|Distributed by||J&M Entertainment|
September 11, 1989
|Running time||91 minutes|
Eversmile, New Jersey (Spanish: Eterna sonrisa de New Jersey) is a 1989 Argentine-British comedy-drama film directed by Carlos Sorín and starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Mirjana Joković and Gabriela Acher. It was written by Sorín, Jorge Goldenberg and Roberto Scheuer. It premiered on September 11, 1989 at the Toronto Festival of Festivals in Canada.
Fergus O'Connell, an itinerant Irish dentist, offers his services free-of-charge to the isolated rural population of Patagonia, in Argentina. He's able to do so because of the supposedly no-strings sponsorship of a "dental consciousness" foundation. While his motorbike is being repaired, O'Connell meets Estela, the garage-owner's daughter, and they quickly become affectionate towards each other. Both lovers have prior commitment: he is married, and she is engaged. Yet, they go off together all the same. After a series of surrealistic adventures, O'Connell discovers that there's a subliminal price tag attached to his altruistic free services.
- Daniel Day-Lewis as Dr. Fergus O'Connell
- Mirjana Joković as Estela
- Gabriela Acher as Celeste
- Ignacio Quirós as The 'Boss'
- Boy Olmi as Radio Announcer
- Eduardo D'Angelo as Manager
- Alberto Benegas as Sheriff
- Roberto Catarineu as López
- Miguel Dedovich as Brother Conrad
- Miguel Ligero as Brother Felix
- José María Rivara as Gangster
- Vando Villamil as Gangster
- Alejandro Escudero as Brother Segundo
- Rubén Patagonia as Butler
- Donostia-San Sebastián International Film Festival: Prize San Sebastián; Best Actress, Mirjana Jokovic; 1989.
Eversmile, New Jersey Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.