Exponential distribution facts for kids
The exponential distribution is a probability distribution. It is only used on the positive real numbers. Its main use is to assess the duration of random time intervals. Examples where it can be used:
- Duration of a telephone call
- How long does it take to perform a service, fix something at a service point etc.
- Duration between two phone calls
- Half life of atoms (radioactive decay)
- Expected lifetime of electronic (or other) parts, if wearing is not considered (this is called Mean Time Between Failures, MTBF)
- Age of plants or animals
- Very simple model used by insurance companies
Images for kids
Exponential distribution Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.