Fazle Hussain facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
A. K. M. Fazle Hussain
|Born||20 January 1943
|Alma mater||Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
|Known for||Application of Nanovector Technology
Optical measurement techniques
|Institutions||Texas Tech University
University of Houston
Johns Hopkins University
California Institute of Technology
University of Cambridge
|Doctoral advisor||William C. Reynolds|
Hussain graduated with a BS in mechanical engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology in 1963. He went on to attend Stanford University, where he studied under William Craig Reynolds, and received his MS and PhD in mechanical engineering in 1966 and 1969.
Afterwards, Hussain was a post-doctoral fellow at the Johns Hopkins University with Leslie S. G. Kovasznay and Stanley Corrsin.
Hussain was a professor of mechanical engineering at University of Houston from 1976 to 2013. More recently, he was also a professor in the Earth & atmospheric science and physics departments from 2007 to 2013.
In 2001, Hussain was inducted into the National Academy of Engineering for "fundamental experiments and concepts concerning important structures in turbulence, vortex dynamics, and acoustics, and for new turbulence measurement techniques." He is also a member of the advisory board at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology.
Honors and awards
- Freeman Scholar Award of ASME in 1984
- Fluids Engineering Award of ASME in 2000
- Fluid Dynamics Award of AIAA in 2002
Nonlinear Dynamics of Structures, World Scientific, 1991
- "Mechanics of Pulsatile Flows of Relevance to Cardiovascular System," in Cardiovascular Flow Dynamics and Measurements, (Eds. N.H.C. Hwang and N. Norman), University Park Press, Baltimore, pp. 541–632, 1976.
- "New Aspects of Vortex Dynamics Relevant to Coherent Structures in Turbulent Flows," in Eddy Structure Identification (Ed. J.P. Bonnet) Springer, pp. 61–143. 1996.
- "Genesis and Dynamics of Coherent Structures in Near-wall Turbulence: A New Look," in Self-Sustaining Mechanisms of Wall Turbulence (Ed. R. L. Panton) Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton, pp. 385, (1997).
Fazle Hussain Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.