ITV facts for kids
ITV (first known as Independent Television) is a public television broadcasting service in the United Kingdom. It was set up in 1955 by the Independent Television Authority (ITA) to provide competition to the BBC.
Current ITV regions
Listed as they were originally named and as they are known now:
- Anglia Television (now known as 'ITV Anglia', broadcasting to the East of England)
- Carlton Central (now known as 'ITV Central', broadcasting to the English Midlands)
- Carlton / London Weekend Television (now known as 'ITV London', broadcasting to London)
- Meridian Broadcasting (now known as 'ITV Meridian', broadcasting to South West England)
- Tynee Tees Television (now known as 'ITV Tynee Tees', broadcasting to North East England)
- Granada Television (now known as 'ITV Granada', broadcasting to North West England)
ITV Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.