Inspector Gadget (2015 TV series) facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsInspector Gadget
|Based on||Inspector Gadget
by Bruno Bianchi
|Theme music composer||
|Opening theme||"Inspector Gadget"|
|Ending theme||"Inspector Gadget" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||52 (103 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes (two 11-minute segments per episode with the exception of the first episode)|
|Production company(s)||DHX Media
DHX Studios Halifax
|Original network||Teletoon (Canada; seasons 1 and 2)
Family Channel (Canada; seasons 3 and 4)
Netflix (United States)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|First shown in||France|
|Original release||January 3, 2015– May 18, 2018|
|Related shows||Inspector Gadget (original series)|
Inspector Gadget is an American-Canadian-French CGI animated television series produced by DHX Media that serves as a sequel to the original series of same name, which aired from 1983 to 1986. The show was announced on June 11, 2013, with 26 episodes. The show debuted on January 3, 2015 on Boomerang in France and officially premiered on Teletoon in Canada on September 7, 2015.
When Dr. Claw is thawed out of his iceberg prison and reactivates M.A.D., Inspector Gadget is brought out of retirement and is back on the beat to stop Dr. Claw once again. This time, Penny and Brain officially work by Gadget's side. The series also introduces a new character in Dr. Claw's nephew, Talon. The series' tone is more comical than the original, with Dr. Claw being portrayed as much less sinister.
List of Inspector Gadget (2015 TV series) episodes
- Inspector Gadget (voiced by Ivan Sherry) - Inspector Gadget is still the same powerful but unintelligent, gullible, and incompetent cyborg he was before, but now he's accompanied by Penny on his missions. As always, he's the bumbling "hero", only inadvertently saving the day and typically leaving a path of destruction in doing so. While he loves his niece, he still generally doesn't listen to Penny, even though she's his new assistant. Gadget is noticeably more egotistical than he was in the original series. He also has a new Gadget Mobile (since the old one turned to dust after he repeatedly jinxed its condition), which is snug and more efficient that the previous.
- Penny (voiced by Tara Strong) - Penny is Inspector Gadget's niece, an agent in training. She is brave, clever and willing to fight villains. She has a crush on Talon, Dr. Claw's nephew. Despite her crush, she never lets him get away with his and his uncle's evil plans. Unlike other Inspector Gadget productions, she now joins Gadget in his assignments and despite the show's title, she is effectively the protagonist. Also unlike the 80's series, she is a relatively adept fighter, only seldomly getting caught by M.A.D. agents. Penny is still typically the one who really saves the day but never gets any recognition for it, generally happy to let her uncle take all the credit for completing the mission. Penny acts like a normal teenage girl when she's not on duty. Her computer book and watch have been replaced with a holographic tablet called the codex. Her middle name is Ruth. In International versions, she is called Sophie.
- Brain (voiced by Scott McCord) - Brain is Penny's dog, best friend and her sidekick and he always accompanies her to every mission. As always, he is a master of disguise and usually Gadget mistakes him for a M.A.D.-Agent and tries to apprehend him (even when Brain is attempting to save him or when Penny tries to tell him it's really Brain). In International versions, he is called Fino.
- Chief Quimby (voiced by Derek McGrath) - Chief Quimby is the leader of the HQ and always gets Gadget and Penny their missions. To manage this, he always appears at the strangest places. This time, instead of paper, his self-destructing messages are now holographic. Chief Quimby now wears glasses and a coat and his hair is blonde instead of brown. He is a lot more patient than he was in previous iterations of the show. In the International versions, he is named Chief Gontier.
- Professor Von Slickstein (voiced by Scott McCord) - Professor Von Slickstein is an HQ scientist is portrayed as a young man, rather than a man in his late 60's in the original series. In the German version, he is named Professor Rotoskop.
- Kayla (voiced by Katie Griffin) - Penny's best friend, another new character and a fellow agent in training. Her cheerful and positive personality is only matched by her gift for being a blabbermouth, her motor mouth is strong enough to cripple even the toughest M.A.D.-goon. In the German version, she's called Karla.
- Dr. Claw (voiced by Martin Roach) - As always, he wants to take over the world and destroy Gadget. This time, he has help from his nephew Talon who rescued him from his iceberg prison in the first episode. As always, his face is never shown (but his torso does appear now and then). His full name is revealed to be "Irving Thelonious Claw, Jr." In the German version, he is called Dr. (Boris) Kralle; in the French version, he is called Dr. Gang.
- MAD Cat - Unlike Dr. Claw's previous MAD Cats, this one is female. She is spoiled by Dr. Claw and shares a feud with Talon.
- Talon (voiced by Lyon Smith) - Introduced in this series, Talon is Dr. Claw's evil nephew who rescued him in the first episode. He is clever, handsome and manipulative. Talon is aware of his handsomeness and knows how to apply it. He secretly has a crush on Penny, but they cannot be together because they are enemies. In each possible situation that Talon wants to impress Penny, she mostly ignores him. Talon is one of a very small handful of M.A.D. agents who is aware that it is generally Penny, not Gadget, who foils M.A.D.'s plots. Even his uncle is oblivious to this fact. Talon is always arguing with his uncle because he considers his uncle's plans to be rather old-fashioned (although there is really nothing wrong with that) or just ridiculous, which is true. His uncle always blames him when his plans fail, even when it is not Talon's fault. There are even situations when Dr. Claw blames Talon for something his nephew has warned him of. Although he does everything to impress his uncle, Talon isn't treated very well by him. In the German version, he is named Titus. In the French version, he is called Tristan. In the Spanish version, he is called Garra. In the Russian version, he is called Claw in some series
- Mama Claw (voiced by Martin Roach) - Maryland Claw is Dr. Claw's mother and Talon's grandmother. From her constant nagging, she often embarrasses her son because Dr. Claw is taking orders from someone who is not him and often tries to get Dr. Claw and Talon to improve themselves. Mama Claw appeared in a few episodes. Like Dr. Claw, her face is never seen, but the back of her head hair and ears do appear now and then.
- M.A.D. Henchmen (Various Voices) - The generic henchmen of M.A.D.
- MADthew Strong (voiced by Cory Doran) - A construction worker.
- Commander MADhail (voiced by Cory Doran) - A Russian astronaut.
- Corsetta Camisole (voiced by Alyson Court) - She is a mistress of disguise who dresses fashionably.
- Detective Data (voiced by Alyson Court) - A former HQ operative. The reason why she started working for MAD is because Gadget took credit for all her hard work which Chief praises him for despite Data's claims that she did the work.
- Malicious (voiced by Alyson Court) - Penny's secret friend who attends "Evil University." She enjoys medieval torture and weapons due to that they have the word "Evil." Also, Malicious has a huge crush on Talon.
- MAD Weed Wacko (voiced by Robert Tinkler) - He really hates plants so much more worst and even poison ivy.
- Cheekster (voiced by Robert Tinkler) - The mad wrestler.
- Little Old Lady - She first appeared in "Gadget Management" as part of a simulation where she said "M.A.D. Forever" using her cane to shoot.
- Mac Macintosh (voiced by Scott McCord) - An evil farmer in an apple costume.
- Mayor (voiced by Cory Doran) - An evil mayor.
- MADalena (voiced by Stacey DePass) - A M.A.D. Agent that looks like penny. She once opened a resort near the Slopsquatch habitat.
- Cuckoo Clockmaker (voiced by Ron Pardo) - A man who's obsessively tinkering with clocks and doing the job "on Time." He also hates to work with Talon.
- Jacques Crankcase (voiced by Cory Doran) - A no-good cheating racer who will stop at nothing to win.
- MADtana Dan (voiced by Scott McCord) - A impetuous explorer and treasure hunter who steals priceless treasures for M.A.D.'s plots. Unlike the other M.A.D. Agents, MADtana Dan is never comfortable working with Talon.
- MADgician (voiced by Ron Pardo) - A magician who was once Gadget's assistant for birthday parties. But from all the humiliation Gadget gave him, he wants him to "disappear."
- MADison Von Trapp (voiced by Julie Lemieux) - Dr. Claw's best huntress with a metallic eagle. She is equipped with an invention called "The Cross-Boa" which is a crossbow with a robot snake.
- Sue Donym (voiced by Denise Oliver) - M.A.D.'s top spy who uses an attaching truth spray.
- Brawn - Sue Donym's shifty dog.
- Baron von Steeltoe (voiced by Cory Doran) - A Scottish villain in metal boots who is Dr. Claw's rival.
- Dr. Ithica Marvins (voiced by Julie Lemieux) - HQ's greatest female archaeologist. Though every time she discovered something remarkable, she'll instantly gets captured or trapped.
- Nigel Saint De' Le-peppertone IV Esquire III (voiced by Robert Tinkler) - International pop star whistler. He first appeared in "Rock Out" then made cameos in some episodes.
- Sir Owen Barnstormer (voiced by Adrian Truss) - A billionaire who creates inventions like an animal nursery blimp and a train without the aid of tracks.
Teletoon also produced five web games on its website:
- Descent into MADNess
- Go Go Gadget Jetpack
- Talons Take Over
- Go Go Gadget Mobile
- Super Spy Gauntlet
Inspector Gadget (2015 TV series) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.