Kyōroku facts for kids
Kyōroku (享禄code: ja is deprecated ) was a Japanese era name (年号,code: ja is deprecated , nengō,, lit. "year name") after Daiei and before Tenbun. This period started in August 1528 and ended July 1532. During this time, the emperor was Go-Nara-tennō (後奈良天皇code: ja is deprecated ).
Events of the Kyōroku era
- 1528 (Kyōroku 1): Fire damaged Yakushi-ji in Nara.
- 1528 (Kyōroku 1): Konoe Tanye became Minister of the Left (sadaijin).
- 1529 (Kyōroku 2): Neo-Confucian scholar Wang Yangming died.
- 1530 (Kyōroku 3, 7th month): Kiyusho Hisatsune died at the age of 63. He had held the office of Chancellor (kampaku).
- 1531 (Kyōroku 4): The Kamakura shogunate office of Governor (shugo) was ended.
- 1532 (Kyōroku 5): Followers of the Ikko sect were driven out of Kyoto; and they settled in Osaka.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Kyōroku Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.