Kyoto National Museum facts for kids
|Kyoto National Museum|
Façade of museum
The Museum is currently undergoing renovation and will reopen in 2013.
KMN was established in 1889 as the Imperial Museum of Kyoto.
Construction on the museum building finished in October 1895.
The museum's first exhibition was opened in 1897.
The museum went through a series of name changes. In 1900, it was called the Imperial Household Museum of Kyoto.
In 1924, the museum was donated to the City of Kyoto in honor of the marriage of Crown Prince Hirohito. At that time, the name was changed to the Imperial Gift Museum of Kyoto.
The current name was selected upon in 1952.
- Kyushu National Museum
- Nara National Museum (NNM)
- National Art Center, Tokyo (NACT)
- National Museum of Art, Osaka (NMAO)
- National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto (MOMAK)
- National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo (MOMAT)
- National Museum of Western Art (NMWA)
- Tokyo National Museum (TNM)
- List of Independent Administrative Institutes in Japan
- List of national museums
Kyoto National Museum Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.