Kyushu National Museum facts for kids
|Established||October 16, 2005|
|Location||Dazaifu, Fukuoka, Japan|
The museum acquires, conserves, researches, communicates and exhibits a collection of art works and archaeological objects of Japan and East Asia. In the collection, there is an emphasis on the formation of Japanese culture through exchanges with other Asian countries and Kyushu.
Kyushu National Museum opened in 2005. The building was designed by Kiyonori Kikutake.
The museum was the first new national museum in Japan in over 100 years.
In December 2008, the museum was the venue for a trilateral diplomatic meeting between representatives of Japan, China and the Republic of Korea.
- Kyoto National Museum
- Nara National Museum
- National Art Center, Tokyo (NACT)
- National Museum of Art, Osaka (NMAO)
- National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto (MOMAK)
- National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo (MOMAT)
- National Museum of Western Art (NMWA)
- Tokyo National Museum
- List of Independent Administrative Institutes in Japan
- List of national museums
Kyushu National Museum Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.