Liam Wong facts for kids
Liam Wong is a Scottish photographer and games designer. He was Artistic Director of Ubisoft Montreal and was involved in the design of game series like Crysis and Far Cry. He is known for his cyberpunk, sci-fi style of photography. Wong is the author of the book TO:KY:OO.
Wong is from Edinburgh, Scotland. He studied Computer Arts at Abertay University, Dundee, graduating in 2010. His first game, Colour-Coded, made in the final year of his degree was nominated for two BAFTA awards. He emigrated to Canada after graduating and became artistic director at Ubisoft, where he worked for six years. He bought his first DSLR camera in 2015, a Canon 5D mark III and, during a trip to Japan, started his Tokyo Nights series of photography, taking aesthetic influence from science fiction films like Blade Runner, Akira and Ghost In The Shell. He was named in Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2017. His debut photobook, TO:KY:OO, is the most successful crowd funded book in the UK, having raised four times its intended target.
- Far Cry: New Dawn (2019) Artistic Director - Visual Design
- Far Cry 5 (2018) Art Director - Visual Design
- Far Cry: Primal (2016) Additional Presentation Director
- Homefront: The Revolution (2016)
- Far Cry 4 (2014) Presentation Director
- Crysis 3 (2013) Lead 2D Artist
- Crysis (2011) UI Artist
- Crysis 2 (2011) 2D Flash / UI Artist
Liam Wong Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.