Malvern railway station, Melbourne facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Northbound view from platform 4 in June 2014
|Location||Station Street, Malvern
|Distance||10.11 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||4 (2 side, 1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 1|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||7 May 1889|
|Passengers (2008–2009)||1.173 million|
|Passengers (2009–2010)||1.242 million 5.88%|
|Passengers (2010–2011)||1.396 million 12.4%|
|Passengers (2011–2012)||1.241 million 11.1%|
|Passengers (2012–2013)||Not measured|
|Passengers (2013–2014)||1.084 million 12.65%|
The former electrified goods sidings were removed in 1988.
Platforms & services
Malvern has four platforms. It is serviced by Metro Trains' Frankston line services.
- Frankston line: all stations and limited stop services to Flinders Street, Werribee and Williamstown
- Frankston line: all stations and limited express services to Frankston
Platforms 3 & 4:
- No services. Pakenham and Cranbourne line services at this station ended at around 3 am on 31 January 2021.
Yarra Trams operates three routes via Malvern station:
- 5: University of Melbourne Tram Stop – Malvern East
- 16: University of Melbourne Tram Stop – Kew
- 64: University of Melbourne Tram Stop – East Brighton
Malvern railway station, Melbourne Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.