Maryland Cookies facts for kids
The Burton’s Biscuit Company started making chocolate chip cookies called Maryland cookies in 1956, and they are today one of the UK's best selling cookies. Over 12 billion Maryland Cookies are sold within Europe each year. The recipe for Maryland Cookies resembles a chocolate chip shortbread.
The flavours available for Maryland Cookies are:
- Chocolate Chip and Coconut (Export Only)
- Chocolate Chip and Hazelnut Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fudge Brownie Cookies
- Mini Cookies and Milk
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Cranberry and Cinnamon Cookies
- Raisin Oat Chocolate Chunk and Maple Syrup Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Limited Edition Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Mint Chip Cookies
- Strawberry and White Chocolate (Limited Edition 2012)
- Chocolate Gooeys
- Hazelnut Gooeys
- Triple Choc Gooeys
- Big & Chunky Summer Fruit Cookies
- ‘Jaffanator’ Chocolate Orange
A normal sized box is about 22.5 x 5.5 x 6.0 cm and they are packaged in a cellophane wrapper. The packaging claims that Maryland Cookies are "The Nation's Favourite Cookie".
Maryland Cookies Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.