Microfabrication facts for kids
Microfabrication is making things which are very small. The earliest micromanufacturing was used to make the different parts of a computer circuit board.
Fields of use
Microfabricated devices include:
- Fabrication of integrated circuits (“microchips”) (see semiconductor manufacturing)
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), MOEMS,
- microfluidic devices (ink jet print heads)
- solar cells
- Flat Panel Displays (see AMLCD and Thin Film Transistor)
- Sensors (micro-sensors) (biosensors, nanosensors)
- PowerMEMSs, fuel cells, energy harvesters/scavengers
Microfabrication Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.