Monitor facts for kids
The word monitor is a Latin word for warner or suggester. The many uses of the word are listed below.
- A computer monitor (display screen)
- A medical monitor, or any other hardware device that measures electrical events, such as a heart rate monitor
- A speaker used on stage (facing the musicians) or in a studio to enable musicians to hear what is being performed
- A video monitor, a television-like device used in studio, lab or test environments
- A baby monitor, which lets parents hear what happens in their babies room from other parts of the house
Roles or positions
- A hall monitor, one who patrols the hall of a school
- USS Monitor, the ironclad warship of the American Civil War
- A monitor (warship), a type of ship based on the USS Monitor and built by several navies for coastal defense in the 1860s and 1870s. It reappeared in a different form during the World War I and lasted until the end of World War II
- A river monitor, the strongest type of river warships
- Monitor lizards, a family of large tropical lizards (Varanidae)
Monitor Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.