Otto of Bavaria facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsOtto
|Reign||13 June 1886 – 5 November 1913|
|Born||27 April 1848|
|Birthplace||The Residence, Munich|
|Died||11 October 1916(aged 68)|
|Place of death||Fürstenried Palace|
|Buried||St. Michael's Church, Munich|
|Father||Maximilian II of Bavaria|
|Mother||Marie of Prussia|
|Religious beliefs||Roman Catholicism|
Otto (German: Otto Wilhelm Luitpold Adalbert Waldemar; 27 April 1848 – 11 October 1916) was King of Bavaria from 1886 until his death. He never actively ruled because of schizophrenia. His uncle, Luitpold, and his cousin, Ludwig, were regents.
Otto was the son of Maximilian II and his wife, Marie of Prussia, and the younger brother of Ludwig II.
Otto died from volvulus at Fürstenried Palace on 11 October 1916, aged 68.
Titles, styles and honours
Titles and styles
- 27 April 1848 – 13 June 1886: His Royal Highness Prince Otto of Bavaria
- 13 June 1886 – 5 November 1913: His Majesty The King of Bavaria
- 5 November 1913 – 11 October 1916: His Majesty King Otto of Bavaria
- Kingdom of Bavaria:
- Grand Master of the Order of St. Hubert
- Grand Master of the Order of Saint George
- Austria-Hungary: Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece - 1869
- Russian Empire: Knight of the Order of St. Andrew
Images for kids
Otto (right) with his elder brother Crown Prince Ludwig (left) and mother Queen Maria (center) in 1860. Private family photo not published at the time.
Otto of Bavaria Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.