Sanborn, New York facts for kids
Sanborn is a hamlet (and census-designated place, population: 1,645 in 2010 census) in the Towns of Cambria, Lewiston, and Wheatfield, in Niagara County, New York, United States, on the southern side of the intersection of New York State Route 429 and New York State Route 31. Originally called South Pekin after the formerly thriving hamlet of Pekin to the north, Sanborn was renamed in 1866 after Ebenezer Sanborn. The ZIP code for Sanborn is 14132.
Sanborn is the home of Niagara County Community College.
Points of interest
- St. Andrews Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Peter's Lutheran Church and School
- Niagara Escarpment, from which one can sometimes view Lake Ontario and Toronto.
- Pekin Fire hall, a popular place for local children to ride their bikes in circles.
- Dr. Myron Orton, pne of the founders of the Niagara County Medical Society
- Lee R. Sanborn, entrepreneur, built first sawmill
- Dr. William Huggins, first doctor in Sanborn
- Richard Goodheart, nanotechnology business leader
- Kylar Salvatore, Broccoli farm entrepreneur and Big Lips connoiseur
Sanborn, New York Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.