Software developer facts for kids
A software developer is a company or person that creates software - either completely, or with other companies or people. The phrase 'software development' often means more than just designing or writing the software, it usually means someone who manages the project, or does only the main things. Most software developers are still led by a lead programmer (a software engineer that guides the project).
A programmer generally only writes code, but a software developer usually will:
- Work out the requirements to use the software
- Develop prototypes
- Work on the budget and finances of the project
- Perform testing, or get ideas from testers they select before the software is released
- Work on demonstrations or samples
- Release updates and patches for the software
Images for kids
Ada Lovelace is considered by many to be the first computer programmer.
Software developer Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.