St Martin's Church, Sherwood facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSt Martin's Church, Sherwood
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Diocese||Southwell and Nottingham|
|Vicar(s)||Revd Bridget Baguley|
It was first opened in 1937 to the design of Edward Heazell in the Byzantine style. The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Southwell Re Revd Henry Mosley on 6 February 1937.
The consecration of the church was overshadowed by the death of the verger and his wife. Mrs Bradley died on Saturday 6 February 1937, and Mr John Bradley died the day afterwards.
- Revd Edward Lysons
- Revd William Willatt 1955
- Revd Timothy Tyndall 1960
- Revd Ian Gatford 1975
- Revd Christopher Gale 1984
- Revd Sylvia Griffiths 1999
- Revd Bridget Baguley 2017
A pipe organ was installed in 1937 by Harrison and Harrison. It was originally installed in St. Luke's Church, Chelsea in 1907.
- Kendrick Partington 1947-1950 (later organist of St Peter's Church, Nottingham
- Mr. Vivian Grainger 1950-1960
- Martin Barrett 2008–2015 (Worship group leader, keyboardist and organist)
- Richard Marsden 2015-
St Martin's Church, Sherwood Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.