Staines Down Drains facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsStaines Down Drains
|Created by||Jim Mora|
|Written by||David Witt
|Directed by||Jane Schneider
|Voices of||Sarah Aubrey
|Country of origin||Australia
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||27|
|Executive producer(s)||Brent Chambers
|Running time||24 minutes (series 1)
11 minutes (series 2)
|Production company(s)||Flux Animation
Flying Bark Productions
NZ on Air
|Original network||Seven Network|
|Original release||October 2006– 2011|
Staines Down Drains is an Australian-NewZelander co-produced children's television series created by Jim Mora. The series was premiered on the Seven Network in October 2006 and broadcast in New Zealand on TV2 beginning on 28 February 2007. A second series of 13 episodes was produced in 2010, each 11-minutes long.
The series follows siblings Stanley and Mary-Jane Staines as they travel through a portal down their sink in the basement to Drainland. There they assist Vegety Bill a strong carrot looking figure, Blobert a purple blob, and Herk a furball, in defeating Dr. Drain. Stanley is germaphobic while Mary-Jane is brave. Their mother Betty is always getting a new job which usually causes the complication in the episodes. Their arch enemy Gretel is always trying to embarrass the Staines.
- Stanley Staines is a germaphobic boy who tries to avoid doing anything out of the ordinary, his phobia may stop him from going to Drainland. However, he is encouraged by his sister, Vegety, Herk and Blobert.
- Mary-Jane Staines is a brave girl who is very adventurous and smart. She usually helps Stanley in assisting Drainlands problem. She is worst enemies with Gretel and the two usually argue with each other.
- Betty Staines is Stanley and Mary-Jane's somewhat dipsy mother. She is always starting a new career and usually messes up doing it.
- Vegety Bill is an heroic carrot like figure who is dedicated to protecting the Drainworld plants. He is best friends with Herk and Blobert and together fight Dr. Drain and the Goblers.
- Blobert is a small purple blob who moves around like a slug. He is not very smart and usually helps Herk and Vegety.
- Herk is a small brown hairball who helps Vegety in protecting the plants. He is best friends with Blobert.
- Dr Drain is an evil dictator, bent on destroying Drainland and building an empire on its ruins. With his companions the Goblers, he tries to rid Drainland of its purifying plants.
- Gretel is the arch enemy of Mary-Jane. She is a spoilt girl who usually bullies the Staines with her friends, the Lupe brothers.
- The Goblers are the henchmen of Dr. Drain.
- The Lupin Lupes are the friends of Gretel.
|Episode #||Title||Original Air Date|
|Stanley and Mary-Jane view their new home and soon find a sink in their basement which leads to civilization, called Drainland. They soon discover mutant monsters, some of which are friendly.|
|2||"Once More Unto the Drains"||October 2006|
|Stanley starts his first day at school along as Mary-Jane is pretending sick at home, she soon decides to travel down the portal to Drainland again, however she soon finds herself being chased for stealing a Cleansing Sea plant, meanwhile Stanley travels down again to rescue his sister from a large amount of acid which was tipped down the sink.|
|3||"Meet Dr. Drain"||TBA|
|4||"Land of the Giants"||TBA|
|Stanley tries to find his sister after overhearing a plan to cover her in chocolate and feathers by the Lupin Lunes, searching in Drainland, he finds Dr. Drain with a growing potion, however eager to find Mary-Jane, Stanley leaves though he can not go out the drain portal after his mother blocks it.|
|5||"A Ring Thing"||TBA|
|6||"Choo Choo Drain"||TBA|
|7||"Glass Bowl of Love"||TBA|
|8||"All Dug Up"||TBA|
|10||"In the Soup"||TBA|
|Vegety Bill discovers a mysterious liquid seeping into the cleansing sea and worries after Dr. Drains minions go after the recipe to create more, however they do not realize until later the liquid is Mrs. Staines soup, which is to be served for lunch, much to Mary-Jane and Stanley's despair.|
|Dr. Drain hires a trio of cigarette butts to perform near the cleansing sea, so with their bad breath and brainwashing abilities, they can destroy the plants. Meanwhile, Stanley and Mary-Jane attempt to stop a new soft-drink brand that makes people hyperactive.|
|After Stanley loses Gretel's little cousin baby down the drain, He travels down the portal to bring it back, however with the baby destroying the cleansing sea and Dr. Drain wanting the baby to complete his evil plan, Stanley with Vegity, Blobert and Herk must hurry. Meanwhile, Mary-Jane fills in for the baby, much to her despair.|
|15||"Freeze a Jolly Good Fellow"||TBA|
|20||"Dentures of Death"||TBA|
|21||"Going for Gold"||TBA|
|The whole town tries searching for gold after numerous reports, however, it is all part of an elaborate plan by Dr. Drain, however, Stanley and his friends discover his scheme and try to stop him.|
|24||"The Queen and I"||TBA|
|26||"The Final Flush"||TBA|
Staines Down Drains Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.