Style (address) facts for kids
A style is referring to how you address a person in a formal manner. It varies on the status of a person. For example a married woman would be addressed as Mrs (). A prince would be addressed as His Royal Highness. A male (regardless of being married) would be addressed as Mr.
- Mrs Smith.
- Mr Smith
- Master Smith (Master is usually used by the oldest son in this case the oldest son of the Smith family).
- His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.
- His Serene Highness The Prince of Monaco.
- Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia.
Other styles of address
- Your Lordship or your Ladyship is how minor members of nobility are addressed.
- The Right Honourable is traditionally used by Prime Ministers.
- His Grace The Duke of Devonshire. A style used by English/British Dukes.
- Protocol (diplomacy)
Style (address) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.