Subject (school) facts for kids
Subjects are the parts into which learning can be divided. At school, each lesson usually covers one subject only. Some of the most common subjects at school are English, history, mathematics, physical education and science.
Primary school subjects: (ages 4–11)
- Languages (French, German, Spanish)
- Personal, social and health education (PSHE)
- Natural history
Secondary school subjects: (ages 11–16)
- Business studies
- Design & technology
- Information and communication technology (ICT)
- Modern studies
- PE: Physical education
- PSHE: Personal, social and health education (PSHE)
- RE: Religious education
- Study skills
Other subjects include:
- Ancient Greek
- Animal husbandry
- Computer studies.
- Design technology
- Food technology
- Foreign languages: Spanish, French, German, Irish, Welsh, Italian etc.
- Health and hygiene
- Home economics
Subject (school) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.