The Boss Baby: Family Business facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsThe Boss Baby: Family Business
Teaser poster with original release date
|Directed by||Tom McGrath|
|Produced by||Jeff Hermann|
|Screenplay by||Michael McCullers|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Release date(s)||September 17, 2021(United States)|
The Boss Baby: Family Business (known in other territories as The Boss Baby 2) is an upcoming American computer-animated comedy film loosely based on the 2010 picture book of the same name by Marla Frazee, produced by DreamWorks Animation, and distributed by Universal Pictures. The second installment in the The Boss Baby franchise and the sequel to the 2017 film, the film will be directed by Tom McGrath from a screenplay by Michael McCullers and star the voice of Alec Baldwin as the title character alongside James Marsden, Amy Sedaris, Ariana Greenblatt, Eva Longoria, Jimmy Kimmel, Lisa Kudrow, and Jeff Goldblum.
The film is scheduled to be theatrically released on September 17, 2021 by Universal Pictures.
Tim (James Marsden) and his Boss Baby little bro Ted (Alec Baldwin) - have become adults and drifted away from each other. Tim is now a married dad. Ted is a hedge fund CEO. But a new boss baby with a cutting-edge approach and a can-do attitude is about to bring them together again … and inspire a new family business. Tim and his super-mom wife Carol (Eva Longoria) live in the suburbs with their super-smart 7-year-old daughter Tabitha (Ariana Greenblatt), and super-cute new infant Tina (Amy Sedaris). Tabitha, who’s at the top of her class at the prestigious Acorn Center for Advanced Childhood, idolizes her Uncle Ted and wants to become like him, but Tim worries that she’s working too hard and is missing out on a normal childhood. When baby Tina reveals that she’s—ta-da!—a top-secret agent for BabyCorp on a mission to uncover the dark secrets behind Tabitha’s school and its mysterious founder, Dr. Erwin Armstrong (Jeff Goldblum), it will reunite the Templeton brothers in unexpected ways, leading them to re-evaluate the meaning of family and discover what truly matters.
- Alec Baldwin as Ted Templeton Jr./Boss Baby, a former executive of BabyCorp, and Tim's younger brother.
- James Marsden as Timothy Leslie "Tim" Templeton, Ted's older brother. (Marsden replaces Tobey Maguire and Miles Bakshi from the first film, who voiced the adult and young versions of Tim, respectively.)
- Amy Sedaris as Tina Templeton/Boss Baby, Tim's infant daughter and Ted's youngest niece, and an executive at BabyCorp.
- Ariana Greenblatt as Tabitha Templeton, Tim's eldest daughter and Ted's eldest niece. (Greenblatt replaces Nina Zoe Bakshi from the first film.)
- Eva Longoria as Carol Templeton, Tim's wife and mother of Tina and Tabitha.
- Jimmy Kimmel as Ted Templeton Sr., Ted Jr. and Tim's father.
- Lisa Kudrow as Janice Templeton, Ted Jr. and Tim's mother, and wife of Ted Sr.
- Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Erwin Armstrong, a rival of BabyCorp.
The Boss Baby: Family Business Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.