|Directed by||Joseph Kosinski|
|Produced by||Sean Bailey
|Music by||Daft Punk|
|Editing by||James Haygood|
Sean Bailey Productions
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Pictures|
|Release date(s)||December 17, 2010|
|Running time||125 mins.|
Tron: Legacy is a 2010 science fiction movie that was produced by Sean Bailey, Jeffrey Silver and Steven Lisberger and was directed by Joseph Kosinski. Tron: Legacy was released on December 17, 2010 in North America. The movie received mixed reviews with a 50% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 49 out of 100 from Metacritic. It was the sequel to the 1982 movie, Tron.
Daft Punk composed the soundtrack.
- Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn
- Garrett Hedlund as Sam Flynn
- Owen Best as Sam Flynn (seven-years-old)
- Olivia Wilde as Quorra
- Bruce Boxleitner as Alan Bradley
- Michael Sheen as Castor
- James Frain as Jarvis
- Daft Punk as two masked DJ programs at Castor's End of Line Club.
- Beau Garrett as Gem
- Yaya DaCosta, Serinda Swan, and Elizabeth Mathis as the other three Sirens.
- Steven Lisberger as a bartender in the End of Line club
- Anis Cheurfa as the masked warrior Rinzler
- Jeffrey Nordling as Richard Mackey
- Edie Mirman as the Computer Voice
- Cillian Murphy as Edward Dillinger Jr. (uncredited)
Images for kids
Kosinski, who sought to avoid the formula used in The Matrix, developed a prototype of the universe of Tron: Legacy in its early stages of production.
Wilde's character Quorra was modeled after Joan of Arc.
For the film's soundtrack, French electronic duo Daft Punk went away from an exclusively electronic sound and some incorporated orchestral elements.
Tron: Legacy Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.