West Columbus, Ohio facts for kids
West Columbus, sometimes referred to as westside or the West Side, is a neighborhood in Columbus, Ohio, United States. Unlike other Columbus neighborhoods, it is a broad geographical term used by locals rather than a subdivision or suburb. West Columbus is defined as the entire southwest side of Columbus, bordered on the north by interstates 70 and 670, within Interstate 71 on the east, and on the south and west by the city limits that reach several miles to the outside of the I-270 outerbelt. It covers the ZIP Codes 43223, 43204, 43228, and 43222.
There are several large, broad neighborhoods in Columbus: West Columbus, South Columbus, East Columbus, the Near East Side, Downtown, North Columbus, the Northeast, the Southeast, and the Northwest. Out of all these areas, West Columbus may be the largest, being rivaled with East Columbus and the Northwest.
- Camp Chase Trail estimated completion early 2016
- Hollywood Casino Columbus opened on October 8, 2012. It is owned and operated by Penn National Gaming.
- Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park. 8465 Alkire Road, Galloway OH 43119; Coordinates:39.893428, -83.215835
- Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery Coordinates: 39.943889, -83.075833
- Historic National Road
- Columbus Rec and Parks: Big Run Park and Athletic Complex, Westgate Park, WestmoorPark, Holton Park, Glenview Park
The following are neighborhoods in West Columbus:
- The Bottoms
- Cherry Creek
- Georgian Heights
- Hardesty Heights
- Murray Hill
- Wilshire Heights
- Lincoln Village
- J. Testa, The Franklin County Auditor
- The Columbus Dispatch
- The Westside Messenger
- This Week on the West Side
- Images of America: West Columbus, Ohio
West Columbus, Ohio Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.