Windsor Park Stud facts for kids
Windsor Park was established by Ian and Jesse Duncan. In 1971 it passed ownership to Nelson and Sue Schick and their son Rodney. The operation now occupies around 1,300 acres across three sites.
It has had a number of top quality stallions including:
- Charm Spirit, French G1 winner.
- High Chaparral, as a shuttle stallion.
- Mongolian Khan, Australian Derby, New Zealand Derby and Caulfield Cup winner.
- Pour Moi, 2011 Epsom Derby winner.
- Rip Van Winkle, dual European G1 winner.
- Turn Me Loose
- Volksraad, six times New Zealand champion sire.
Progeny from Windsor Park include:
- Beauty Flash, Hong Kong G1 winner.
- Gold Onyx, winner at G1 level in South Africa.
- Might And Power, dual Australian horse of the year, winner of the 1997 Caulfield Cup & Melbourne Cup, 1998 Cox Plate.
- Monaco Consol, Victoria Derby winner.
- Military Move, New Zealand Derby winner.
- So You Think
Windsor Park Stud has sponsored the Windsor Park Plate one of the Hawkes Bay triple crown races held in September.
Windsor Park Stud Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.