Yumjao Leima facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsYumjao Leima
|Goddess of royalty and household|
|Other names||Yumjao Lairembi, Yumjao Lairemma|
"Yumjao Leima" or "Yumjao Lairembi" or "Yumjao Lairemma" is the mother goddess of the house and the household in the Meitei mythology and religion. She is said to be the goddess of royalty, who assumed the human form in white attire, and blesses the ruler of the kingdom.
- Inside the Kangla palace in Kangleipak kingdom, her temple is situated in the left side of the Pakhangba temple.
- Recently, a new temple "Ima Ibemma Yumjao Lairembi Shanglen", dedicated to the goddess, was inaugurated in Thangmeiband region in Imphal.
- There is a temple dedicated to Yumjao Lairembi in Arambam region in Imphal West district of Manipur.
- "Yumjao Lairembi Temple" is located in Meino Leirak, Sagolband, Imphal.
- "Thaoroijam Yumjao Lairembi Temple" is located in Thaoroijam Mamang Leikai, Nambol, Manipur.
In popular culture
- A non profit dramatic union named "Yumjao Lairembi Dramatic and Cultural Union" was also established in Khagempali Huidrom Leikai, Imphal in 2011.
Yumjao Leima Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.