Yvon of the Yukon facts for kids
|Yvon of the Yukon|
|Created by||Ian James Corlett
|Developed by||AAC Kids|
|Voices of||Drew Reichelt
Ian James Corlett
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||58|
|Running time||26 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Alliance Atlantis Comunnications
Studio B Productions
Hong Ying Cartoons
Top Draw Animation
Everyone is JP Kids
Yvon Of The Yukon Productions
|Original network||YTV, CBS|
|Original release||September 9, 1999 – November 22, 2005|
Yvon of the Yukon was a 26-minute Canadian animated cartoon that was about a French explorer named Yvon Ducharme, who became frozen in an ice block in the Yukon after being knocked overboard off his boat. The show follows the adventures of Yvon as he attempts to adjust to life in the Yukon.
The show takes place in the fictional town of Upyermukluk (a play on "Up your mukluk").
- Yvon Ducharme – He was frozen in the Arctic. Yvon was defrosted by sled dog urine and now lives in a hut made of his old ship. He has never taken a bath and believes the only time he should take a bath is when he is married or dead.
- Tommy Tukyuk – lives in a trailer behind the Mad Cossack with his father Bill Tukyuk. He is one of Yvon's friends who helps him get out of trouble. He has a sled dog named Mutt.
- Bill Tukyuk – the mayor of Upyermukluk and the owner of the Mad Cossack restaurant. He gives advice to Yvon and Tommy by telling tall tales.
- King Louis – the former King of France from 300 years ago. He is also Yvon's idol and usually seen in the show when Yvon does a flashback about his past.
- Luba – the only police officer from Upyermukluk.
- Willy Tidwell – a government official in Upyermukluk. He loves to make the citizen life miserable by strange rules and regulations.
- Big Mary Hatfield – the owner of the Bingo Barn and the wife of Harland Hatfield.
Yvon of the Yukon Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.