1234 facts for kids
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1200s 1210s 1220s – 1230s – 1240s 1250s 1260s|
|Years:||1231 1232 1233 – 1234 – 1235 1236 1237|
- February 9 — Song Dynasty Chinese and Mongolian armies occupied the Jurchen capital at Caizhou, marking the collapse of the Jin Dynasty (1115-1234).
- Supposedly Mali begins revolt against oppressors.
- Canonization of Saint Dominic
- Pope Gregory IX called for a Crusade against Bosnia and replaced the Bogumil Bosnian Bishop with a Catholic Dominican German Johann
- Pope Gregory IX released the Nova Compilatio Decretalium
- King Andrew II of Hungary proclaimed herzeg Coloman as Ban of Bosnia, who passed it on to Prijezda, a cousin of Ban Matej Ninoslav (1234 to 1239) despite Matej being the legitimate Ban of Bosnia
- April 16 – Richard Marshal, 3rd Earl of Pembroke (dob. unknown)
- June 18 – Emperor Chūkyō of Japan (born 1218)
- August 31 – Emperor Go-Horikawa of Japan (born 1212)
- Alan, Lord of Galloway
- Stefan Radoslav, King of Serbia (born 1192)
- Aragon – James I King of Aragon and count of Barcelona (reigned from 1213 to 1276)
- Castile – Ferdinand III, the Saint King of Castile and León (reigned from 1217 to 1252)
- Navarre – Sancho VII the Strong King of Navarre (reigned from 1194 to 1234)
Images for kids
1234 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.